Visual Processing & Academics CD Seminar:
New Strategies for Improving Reading, Spelling & Creative Writing Skills
Can you identify the signs and symptoms of vision problems in children? Do you want effective strategies for the child/adolescent who
- Loses his place when he reads?
- Has difficulty remembering what she just read?
- Has sloppy handwriting with poor spacing?
- Struggles in sports; can’t catch a ball, or is clumsy?
- Has poor eye-hand coordination?
This 5.5 hour seminar (6 CDs or 4 DVDs) presents the newest vision-based solutions to help children succeed academically.
- Recording of Dr. Hellerstein’s live seminar – experiential and hands-on!
- Downloadable manual
- Bonus certificate for free consultation with Dr. Hellerstein
Take this seminar in the convenience of your home or office, on your computer or digital player.
- Describe the critical link between vision and learning
- Spot the signs and symptoms of learning-related vision problems by using checklists and observations
- Use specific techniques to improve visual processing skills in your students
- Experience & implement the SEE IT. SAY IT. DO IT!® process (visualize, declare, take action) for improving academics, sports, and self-confidence
- Describe various vision solutions including vision therapy
The critical link between vision and learning
- Vision is more than 20/20
- The 15 visual skills necessary for learning
- The vision model – how visual processing skills develop
Signs and symptoms of visual problems, outside and within
- How to identify visual problems
- Video observations
- Hands-on activities
- What is visualization and why is it important in the learning process?
- Research on neuro-plasticity – vision is in the BRAIN
Experience the SEE IT. SAY IT. DO IT!® process
- What, how, and why
- Results you can expect
- Optometric lenses and prisms
- Impact on seeing
- Impact on focusing
- Impact on eye teaming skills
- Developing visual processing skills
- Experience through hands-on activities how to improve your student’s visual processing skills in the classroom
- Vision therapy
- What vision therapy is
- Who should be referred for in-office vision therapy
Implement the SEE IT. SAY IT. DO IT!® process to enhance student performance and success at school, work, or play
- Use the process in specific academic tasks
- Reading comprehension
- Math fact retention
- Creative writing
- Use the process to reduce test anxiety and stress
- Use the process to prepare for sports & artistic performance
- Use the process to build confidence