For Educators, Therapists & Parents
The Power of Visualization: 2-hour interactive workshop
- Learn to use the SEE IT. SAY IT. DO IT!® process with children to have fun while dissolving blocks to success.
- Learn strategies to enhance student and therapy patient outcomes.
- Explore your creative power: inspire and transform yourself, your students, patients!
Visual Processing & Academics: New Strategies for Improving Reading, Spelling & Creative Writing Skills: 5-hour interactive workshop
- Strategies for students who struggle: have fun while dissolving internal blocks.
- Treat “hidden” vision problems.
- Case presentations, experiential activities.
- Solutions to apply immediately.
- Increase performance in school, sports and more confidence.
20/20 is NOT Perfect Vision… Insights to Successful Learning: 1-2 hr. presentation
- How to identify undiagnosed visual problems in children with attention, behavioral, or learning difficulties.
- Effective treatments.
- Case presentations, experiential activities.
- Solutions you can apply immediately.
- Increase performance in school and sports, confidence.
For Optometrists & Therapists
Visualization: A Multi-Sensory Approach (Cope #36102-FV): 2-hour presentation
- Visualization is the ability to imagine, sense, become aware of, move, manipulate & expand the pictures in your mind’s eye, & the feelings or senses in your body, thereby developing new perspectives and creativity.
Visual Information Processing: Evaluating Beyond 20/20 (Cope #39762-FV): 2-hour workshop
- Does your patient struggle in school or with sports? In this course you will learn how to properly evaluate and treat these patients with potential visual information processing (VIP) difficulties.
Vision Therapy Grand Rounds (Cope #39763-FV): 2-hour interactive workshop
- With an emphasis on co-management, videos and pre/post optometric findings will be presented in this interactive course with specific treatment strategies for patients with learning disabilities, attention problems or special needs.
Visualization – Implementation in Academia (36104-FV): 2-hour interactive workshop
- The purpose of reading is to get the picture in the writer’s head into the reader’s head. Students learn to do visualizations, deliberately recalling in detail a place where they felt happy, calm, and safe.
Integrating Your Internal & External Vision (Cope #36103-FV): 2-hour interactive workshop
- In this highly interactive presentation, Dr. Hellerstein will show participants how visualization greatly impacts their lives and those of their patients, students, even their own family members. This is a fun and en-“lightening” course which allows attendees to participate in exploring visualization within oneself, so that they can more effectively utilize these strategies for vision therapy patients.
Brain Based Visual Strategies (Cope # 36086-FV): 2-hour interactive workshop
- The discovery of neuroplasticity, that our thoughts can change the structure and fu1ction of our brains, even into old age, is the most important breakthrough in our understanding of the brain in 400 yrs. Optometrists can use this innate ability to treat a variety of visual system disorders.
SECO Presents: Chronic Visual Manifestations of Traumatic Brain Injury (Cope # 32208-NO): 2-hour interactive workshop
- Visual perceptual dysfunctions are frequently associated with traumatic brain injury. Visual evaluation and treatment strategies for patients with brain injury, utilizing lenses, prisms, occlusion and vision therapy, are presented through interactive experiences and case presentations.
Three Ways to Transform Your Practice (Cope#39764-PM): 2-hour presentation
- More than just practice management, this course will teach you how to invest in yourself, build your staff and have fun marketing your practice.
Beyond 20/20 … A Collaborative OD/OT Approach to Visual Dysfunction: Workshop from 2 hours to 2 days
- Understand vision/visual perceptual dysfunction in patients in rehab and long-term care programs.
- Learn the interactive, integrative vision and sensory motor techniques / learning strategies pioneered by Dr. Hellerstein and Beth Fishman, OTR.
- Case presentations of treatment recommendations for patients with visual dysfunctions, perceptual deficits, spatial disorientation and/or field losses.
- Multi-disciplinary approach.
Beyond 20/20 … Visual Dysfunction in Patients with Brain Injury: 1- to 2-hour workshop
- Learn visual symptoms and conditions associated with acquired brain injury, including visual/vision perceptual dysfunctions.
- How to remediate visual dysfunctions to increase the effectiveness of rehabilitation.
- The latest technology and integration of vision and sensory motor techniques.
- Interactive experiences and case presentations.