Dr. Lynn Hellerstein of Vision Beyond Sight speaks with Dr. Adena Blickstein, licensed clinical child/adolescent psychiatrist, business leader, and educational child advocate, to talk about how conscious parenting can reverse and prevent childhood trauma. She touches on screen addiction, building trust between parent and child, improving intimacy in families, when to choose medication for children, and the best way to help your child. She also discussed her practice Teal Dragon Healing and her amazing team of Conscious Providers.
- How Dr. Blickstein started Teal Dragon Healing post-COVID
- Empowering people that serve children through a holistic approach
- Issues that kids still face after the pandemic
- Screen addiction in kids – standing screens vs. mobile screens
- Dealing with the social pressure of kids having phones
- Building trust between parent and child – Levels 1 to 3
- Family-focused healing – technology on improving intimacy in families
- When to choose medication for children
- When a child feels loved
- Best way to help your child
- Desire-based living vs. obligation-based living in the youth
- Teal Dragon Healing, Cosmic Dragon Conference
- Conscious Providers and Multi-Provider Service
About Dr. Adena Blickstein:
Adena Blickstein, MD, MPH is a licensed clinical child/adolescent psychiatrist, business leader, and educational child advocate.
She works with empowered parents who are seeking to optimize mental health and wellbeing of themselves and their children, who desire authentic connections with their partners and kids but feel blocked. Parents who she works with want expert guidance with someone who can understand when a child needs medication and psychiatric services vs. when a family needs an educational change or family therapeutic intervention. Her parent clients are also ready and willing to heal and invest in their own growth and transformation as individuals on a healing journey. Her services include parenting training, screen addiction counseling, educational consulting, and medication management. She offers home visits and referrals to her amazing team of Conscious Providers. As a result, her clients feel secure, grounded and confident in their parenting which helps them enjoy their role as parents and enjoy their children.
Connect with Dr. Adena Blickstein and Teal Dragon Healing:
Apply for Parent-Focused Child Psychiatry here! This parent training uses trauma-based psychotherapy, child psychiatry, proven parenting techniques, active listening, and communication to heal relationship between parent and children.
“I think parents have a misconception about what their role is. A lot of parents feel that—I call it the narcissistic parent because they are outcome-dependent, so to speak. Where if the child performs well, that means they’re a good parent. If the child performs poorly, that means they’re a bad parent. But that’s basing your ideas of parental adequacy on the performance of your child and that is not fair to the child.” – Dr. Adena Blickstein
Dr. Lynn Hellerstein, Developmental Optometrist, co-owner of Hellerstein & Brenner Vision Center, P.C., award-winning author and international speaker, holds powerful and inspiring conversations with her guests in the areas of health, wellness, education, sports and psychology. They share their inspirational stories of healing and transformation through their vision expansion. Vision Beyond Sight Podcast will help you see with clarity, gain courage and confidence. Welcome to Vision Beyond Sight!
Dr. Lynn is available for speaking engagements and consulting. For more information, visit www.lynnhellerstein.com.
To learn more about vision therapy or to find a doctor providing vision therapy in your area, visit: COVD.org.
To learn more about vision and the impact in concussion/brain injury, visit: Neuro-Optometric Rehabilitation Association.
- Dyslexia Journey Pt. 1 – What To Look For In Assessing Your Child For Dyslexia with Dr. Linda Silverman (Episode #83) - November 29, 2023
- DizzyDX – Diagnosing The Cause of Your Dizziness with Dr. Heather Campbell (Episode #82) - November 22, 2023
- Finding Your Purpose Through Practical Questions and a Spiritual Connection with Rabbi Pinchas Taylor (Episode #81) - November 15, 2023